Monday, June 6, 2011

Gone Fishin



My Big Kill


 Pond near Salt Plains


One of the Smaller Bass we Caught


Emma with a Bullhead Catfish


Levi with Catfish


Sunday was a beautiful day to get a hook wet.  Eric, Aimee, Frankie and I went fishing at a pond that Eric and I had fished the previous week.  We had a great time!  Frankie had a ball as usual, Aimee broke her rod right off the start, but all in all we went home with 7 decent sized Largemouth Bass.  We fished there for a couple hours.  During a cast, I heard something crawling in the grass next to me.  I looked down and there was a 2 ft. Water Moccasin about a 18 inches from my left foot!  It was dry, which means it probably had slithered right behind my heels and I didn't even know it!  Luckily, I didn't move and it moved away from me.  That was definitely the highlight of the morning, besided hooking into a couple fish.  Then we made our way to another pond closer to Medford.  Levi and Emma joined us there.  We ended up catching about a dozed bullhead catfish that were only about 6 inches long.  But the kids had fun and even hooked a couple themselves! (with a little help from the adults of course)  We fished there for an hour or so, before the kiddos got a little hot.  So they went inside to take a nap, while Eric and I went prairie dog hunting.  Eric's father-in-law has some land where a bunch of prairie dogs have taken over the field.  So they go by and target practice every so often to lighten the damage these guys have done to the field.  I happened to hit one from 150 yards away from the drivers seat of a truck with a .270 cal rifle.  A lucky shot probably!  Aimee and I ended the evening by hanging out with her parents and relaxing on the couch.  Good end to a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time. Happy for you!!! Hope to see you Saturday in Clearwater.

    Love Ya,
    Grandma Helen

    ReplyDelete