Follow by Email

Monday, August 1, 2011

Ozark, MO

We arrived in Ozark, MO the evening of the 20th.  My mom was so excited to see us!  She made us Taco Salad for dinner along with ice cold Corona's.  Dinner was very good and so was the company.  We stayed up late visiting, laughing, and drinking.  I also hung up a few pictures on the wall.
Mom had to work Thursday, so Aimee and I went shopping for some house warming gifts.  By the time she got home, we had installed a new curtain & rod in her living room, a new decorative shower curtain in her bathroom along with new bath rug, and got her a handy dandy home tool kit.  Needless to say, she was very surprised and excited when she got home.  That night Geneva, Larry and Adam came over for dinner.  Geneva brought some very delicious enchiladas and a garden salad.  Aimee and I made homemade guacamole for everyone. After dinner Aunt Connie, Dustin and Rachel came over for a while.  We all had a great time visiting and catching up.
Friday while Mom was at work, Aimee and I went antiquing around town.  We found an old window with the phrase Have Faith on the pane.  We had to get it for her, and of course have it hanging on the wall when she got home.  Again she was surprised, and absolutely loved it!  That evening we drove down to Hurley for Chicken & Noodles with pecan and coconut cream pie for dessert....YUM!!  After dinner we strolled around town and walked down to the creek.  This is when Frankie got a wild hair up his ass, and started chasing cars and trucks.  Luckily he did not get hit by any vehicles, and we grabbed him and took him back to the house.  We all visited the rest of the evening and headed back to Ozark later that night.
Saturday we all slept in, which was nice.  That morning I went through a big box of pictures, and took quite a few of them home with me.  While I was doing that, Aimee made Lasagna, green bean casserole and garlic toast.  Lunch was amazing, especially with a bottle of vino!  That afternoon we all headed down to Branson.  We first rode the zip-line, which was awesome.  It is a half a mile long, with speeds exceeding 50 mph!  After that we went to Steak-N-Shake for dinner.  The burgers and shakes were delicious.  After dinner we went to the Shepherd of the Hills outdoor show.  Before the show, all the kids were able to participate in the Bull Frog races.  Adam and Wyatt both raced frogs, and Wyatt made it to the final round.  Unfortunately, his frog ran out of steam during the race.  They all had fun though.  The play was very good, and it was neat that they used live animals throughout the performance.  After the show, a few of us went to a piano bar to have a few beers.  The musicians were excellent and the scenery was very entertaining...LOL!!  We got home around 1:30 in the morning.  What a day!!

Mom and I at the top of Inspiration Tower

Mom flying down the Zip-line

View from the bottom of the ride

Adam with his Bullfrog

Wyatt with his Frog

Final round race

Aunt Connie and Mom at Piano Bar

Dustin and Rachel

Sunday Mom, Aimee and I lounged around most of the morning, recouping from the night before.  I hung a bird house and humming bird feeder for my mom while the girls went to the store.  That afternoon we drove back down to Hurley for a cook out.  Lornie and Natasha, Angela, Amber, and Alie all came down to see us.  It was really great to see all of them!  We ate burgers, hot dogs, and even some fresh catfish.  Lunch was really good.  Later on we went down to the creek for some pictures.  After a few poses, we all got into a splashing and moss throwing contest.  Everyone was soaked and covered in green moss!  It was a lot of fun.  We then went down to the Swinging Bridge.  People were jumping off the bridge into the water, and swinging from a rope into the creek.  That was probably the best part of the day!!  After playing in the water we dried off, said our goodbyes and headed back to my mom's place.

Everyone cooling off in the creek

Dustin holding Alie under the falls

The Road Warriors

Alie showing us how it's done

Wyatt about to take off

Lornie plunging in belly first!

Yours truly making a splash

Monday morning we said goodbye to my Mom.  We couldn't be happier for her!  I believe GOD has put her where she is supposed to be.  Missouri is a beautiful part of the country and we will be back to see her again....hopefully soon.

Some misc. pics of Missouri......

No comments:

Post a Comment